Our graduate scheme
Additional information: engineering disciplines on offer
Systems engineering involves the interdisciplinary application of many different engineering principles that enables the realisations of successful systems. This is achieved through the engineer incorporating an approach that takes into account all of the factors that can affect the system through its entire life cycle. A typical day is highly varied and can range from defining customer needs, system design and test through to deployment of completed systems.
Key responsibilities include analysing software requirements, modelling software components, delivering high quality working code, implementing test cases and producing documentation. This role provides exposure to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, whilst working alongside many experienced and highly-skilled engineers. The role allows a certain amount of creativity to deliver innovative solutions to some of the challenges which the business faces.
What do I need to join General Dynamics Mission Systems-UK?
Engineering graduate scheme:
A minimum qualification of 2:1 Honours in a relevant engineering/ STEM subject is required for the General Dynamics Mission Systems-UK Engineering graduate scheme.
Programme management / Communications graduate scheme:
A minimum qualification of 2:1 honours in a relevant subject is required for the General Dynamics Mission Systems-UK graduate scheme. Preferred degrees are Business, Marketing, Finance or Legal, but we will also accept applications from those with relevant work experience.
- Be self-motivated, act with professionalism and able to work within a team
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Be organised and able to prioritise your work
- Be flexible in your approach to your work
- Be able to perform tasks on your own initiative
- Be enthusiastic and driven towards achieving your goals
- Be interested in pursuing a career within General Dynamics Mission Systems-UK
- Be willing to apply yourself across different technical domains to support the business streams.
Previous work experience is desired either from short-term or long term placements.