Apprenticeships in Wales
Engineering apprenticeship programme – Oakdale
Our engineering apprenticeship programme in Oakdale, South Wales will give you the opportunity to gain valuable experience in the fields of general engineering.
Acting in partnership with a local training provider, Newport & District Group Training Association (NDGTA), we have developed a four-year Engineering Apprenticeship Programme where you will work towards a NVQ (Level 3) and BTEC HNC qualifications.
What to expect:
- Experience working in a laboratory environment
- Experience in systems engineering
- Experience in software engineering
- Experience in hardware and support engineering
- Involvement in wider business activities and projects
- Support of experienced training professionals to ensure you achieve your academic potential
- Dedicated HR advisor to support your development and provide business guidance
- Support and guidance of engineering managers and mentors
- Practical engineering experience as well as supported time to attend college on a combination of block and day-release
Manufacturing and mechanical apprenticeship programme - Merthyr Tydfil
We are offering two manufacturing apprenticeship programmes at our facility in Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales.
The two apprenticeships on offer will give you the opportunity to gain valuable experience in the fields of manufacturing, mechanical and electronics engineering as well as gaining a wider understanding of business activities and projects that General Dynamics UK is involved with.
What to expect:
- Experience working within manufacturing, mechanical and electronics engineering
- Support and exposure within further education – time to attend college is provided and supported
- Development and understanding of basic engineering and manufacturing principles
- Support from experienced training professionals to ensure you achieve your academic potential
- Support and guidance from engineering managers and mentors
- Dedicated HR advisor
Acting in partnership with Merthyr Tydfil College we have developed the following apprenticeship programmes:
- Manufacturing engineering - you will work towards NVQ (Level 3) and BTEC HNC qualifications – four years in total.
- Mechanical fitter/craft apprentice - you will work towards NVQ (Level 2) – three years in total.